High-performance businesses demand high-performance networking solutions. The Juniper Networks EX2200 Ethernet Switch offers an economical, entry-level, stand-alone solution for access-layer deployments in branch and remote offices, as well as campus networks.
The EX2200 also supports Juniper Networks Virtual Chassis technology, allowing up to four interconnected switches to be managed as a single logical device, delivering a scalable, pay-as-you-grow solution for expanding networks.
Featuring complete Layer 2 and basic Layer 3 switching capabilities, the Juniper Networks® EX2200 line of fixed configuration Ethernet switches with Virtual Chassis technology satisfies the branch and low-density wiring closet connectivity requirements of today’s high-performance businesses. Four platform configurations are available offering 24 and 48 10/100/1000BASE-T ports with or without Power over Ethernet (PoE). The PoE- enabled EX2200 models include a maximum system budget of 405 W to deliver up to 15.4 watts of standards-based 802.3af Class 3 PoE or 30 watts of standards-based 802.3at PoE+ for supporting networked devices such as telephones, video cameras, multiple radio IEEE 802.11n wireless LAN (WLAN) access points and video phones in converged networks.
Additional features include:
- Four front panel small form-factor pluggable transceiver (SFP) GbE uplink ports provide high-speed connectivity to aggregation layer switches or other upstream devices.
- Uplink ports can be configured as Virtual Chassis interfaces and connected via standard GbE optics interfaces. The last two uplinks are preconfigured by default as Virtual Chassis ports.
- Fixed power supply and uplink ports ensure operational simplicity.
- Low power consumption, low acoustic fans, and small 10-inch wide footprint enable flexible, environmentally friendly deployment.
- Support for L2 protocols as well as L3 protocols like RIP and static routing in base license.
- Optional enhanced license for supporting additional L3 protocols such as OSPF, Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP v1/v2/v3), Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM), IEEE 802.1 Q-in-Q, Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD), Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) and Virtual Router / VRF-Lite.
- IPv6 management support including neighbor discovery, telnet, SSH, DNS, syslog and NTP.
- Single release train for Juniper Networks Junos® operating system ensures consistent control plane feature implementation.
- Modular Junos OS prevents a switch reboot if a single protocol feature fails.
- Managed through a single application, Juniper Networks Network and Security Manager.
- Integrates with Juniper Networks Unified Access Control to provide per-user access control and policing.
- Enhanced limited lifetime switch hardware warranty.
- Built-in Web interface (Juniper Networks J-Web Software).
The Juniper Networks EX2200 line of Ethernet switches offers a compact, high-performance solution for supporting today’s converged network access deployments.
Each EX2200 switch includes an application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC)-based Packet Forwarding Engine (PFE) with an integrated CPU to consistently deliver wire-rate forwarding, even with all control plane features enabled. Based on existing, field proven Juniper Networks technology, the PFE brings the same level of carrier-class performance and reliability to the EX2200 switches that Juniper Networks routers bring to the world’s largest service provider networks.